Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ups and downs

So mother's day was wonderful.  There was only one moment when I was sitting in church and and one of the girls started to cry because she didn't like who she was sitting by that I thought "can't they just be decent for me on mother's day"  but I made myself stop.  Just said nope you are not having a pity party this year, nock it off.  It worked.  I really had a great day.  It's amazing how changing your attitude about something can make a difference.  I gave the kids little gifts with their letters.  They loved them.  My sisters kids asked why they didn't get presents for mother's day.  Sorry Jill.

Anyway my good friend and neighbor is moving in two weeks after a recent divorce.  I am sad to see her go.  Sometimes I wonder why I am so blessed and life is such a struggle for others.  Don't get me wrong I have had my struggles, but nothing compared to what some people have to go through.  I am just so thankful for all that I have, and all that I am.

So today we did not go to the gym.  First day (other than the day no one showed up to unlock the doors, and Sundays)  In a month.  Patrick wasn't feeling well, and honestly I really needed the sleep.  I finally went and bought a battery for the scale today.  I am down 6 lbs.  Yes I wanted it to be more, but 6 lbs is 6 lbs.  Not bad for a month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment