Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mother's Day

No it's not next week.  But with May being just around the corner I begin to worry.  I hate mothers day.  I go from this range of emotions of they don't even appreciate me to they shouldn't even celebrate this day because I am a horrible mother.  And it's on a Sunday so its just another day to do hair, find tights, and shoes for church. It's not a fun day for me or for anyone else around me.  So last year I was complaining to a friend about it and she told me to knock it off.  She said that her mother would pout every mothers day and ruined it for everyone.
So this year I am trying to "knock it off"  and have a better day.  I looked up some things on lds.org and found that one mother decided to write her kids a note about what she loved about them and included a ticket for a outing with mom.  I like this idea.  It turns mother's day more into me celebrating what being a mom means to me.  I started the letters this morning, Kind of an interesting process.  It really makes me look at my kids differently when I am looking for and thinking of the things I love about them most.  
If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.  I would love to hear them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment