Saturday, March 28, 2009

life in the fast lane

So I haven't posted since our weekend trip.  I really want to keep my blog positive.  Mostly for myself.  It's like therapy I guess trying to write down only the good things in my life.  So lets just say the weekend getaway was really good because I have never been so happy to get home to see my husband and kids.

So the kids had Monday off so we stayed at gramee's until monday night.  Then Tuesday I literally just laid around the house all day recuperating from a emotionally and physically draining weekend.  I should have got more done on Tuesday because I haven't been home since.  Oh and Tuesday was also the day that they had to evacuate Patrick's work because of a gas leak.  He didn't get home until after 8.  Wednesday we had dentist, dance, babysitting, more dance, then YW.  Thursday I went to deer valley to help my mom with some stuff, came home went to K's science fair stuff in provo, took T to dance, went back to provo for more K science fair, then got home way too late.  Friday I worked, got home and took the kids to Deer Valley to ski with gramee Saturday, then came home and went to sis's house to watch her little boy while she took her hubby to the ER. (back pain, he's having surgery next week).  

So it is helpful for me to write that all down and realize why the wash looks like mount washmore, the kitchen floor looks like a chuck a rama buffet, and something in the fridge doesn't smell very good.  Time to clean, get my lesson ready for tomorrow, wash lots of clothes, try to decide what we are doing for spring break, and all while hubby is gone to Logan again to help my dad.  They have to be out of the Logan Coach building by Monday.  I will be glad when that is over.  Not as glad as my dad though, I think he has been working 20 hour days for more than a month now, I am getting worried about him.  

I keep thinking someday things are going to slow down.  But they aren't and I just need to get used to them.  I really do have a great life.  I just get bogged down by the details a lot.  I am really looking forward to next weekend.  Watching conference and chilling with the kids.  

I am off to the land of gross, to make it shine. (well at least livable)

0 comments:

Post a Comment