Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm going to Boise, Idaho!!

Oh the excitement.  Actually my mom and two of my sisters, one of my aunts, and my grandma are all loading up in our suburban and heading out tonight.  We are going to the Utah State NCAA game Friday morning.  Go AGGIES!!  Anyway it should be pretty fun.  We are staying at my cousins house and just crashing on her floor.    We decided that since the guys are working hard taking down the Logan Coach plant, we should take a girls weekend.  After this week of having Patrick gone,  Toree having a sinus infection, Dance pictures for 4 girls, and Young Womens combined being at my house, I am really looking forward to the break.  The girls were all in tears about me leaving this morning, but I have come to the point in my life where I realize that it is important for me to get away every once in a while.  It makes me a better mom.

My grandma is quite the lady.  She is 92 years old and still a huge Aggie fan.  She sits on the front row at every basketball game and has for as long as I can remember.  Her attitude about life is amazing.  Just a year ago this week she had two heart attacks.  The first happened while she was at the temple.  They didn't think she would make it through the week.  Then they said that there was enough damage to her heart that she wouldn't last a year.  Well she not only lasted she has thrived.  She still goes to the temple every week and stays as long as my mom will stay with her.  A couple of weeks ago she got a wild idea to see how many sessions she and my mom could do in one day.  She made it to 8 sessions.  I was talking to one of her neighbors about it the other day and she said that when grandma does finally go the hillsides will be covered with the people that she has gone to the temple for,  welcoming her home and thanking her.  I just loved the image and idea of that.  She says she is going to live to 114.  And she is just stubborn enough to do it.   Grandma you go girl!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment