Friday, July 3, 2009

Forever.

So I haven't posted for a long time. Still waiting for lazy days of summer. They are not coming. Don't think they will happen this year. We went to Moab over father's day weekend. It was a total blast. We rented jeeps for a couple days and took 4 wheelers also. My parents and my sister Jill and her family came with us. With 8 kids total it could of been a disaster but the kids were all great. We stayed at a place that the pool was open til 11 so we could come back after dinner and let the kids swim. The red rocks are so beautiful down there. Patrick gave me a new camera for my birthday just before we left so I had a blast taking tons of pictures.

When we got back T had dance camp and K had basketball camp. B and S are doing reading tutoring this summer daily, and now they are all in swim lessons for the next week. I leave for girls camp the 13th of july for a week. Then we are home for a few days and leave for Yellowstone. We are renting a cabin and Jill's family is coming with us. Should be fun. We will take the 4-wheelers with us again.



Then we have S 8th birthday, youth conference, baby showers, helping family members that are moving, and maybe a trip to lake powell. Busy, crazy, and a lot of fun. Today we did a major over haul of the three storage rooms in the basement. Cleaning out stuff that had been there since we moved in. It was a huge project, but I am excited to have it done. The kids were a huge help. Just have to load the trailer and haul a bunch of stuff to the DI. Woohoo. Tonight, we did a fire pit and had hot dogs and roasted marshmallows it was so fun and relaxing to just sit by the fire. Ainslee thought that smores were the most wonderful thing she had ever tasted. She makes every moment funny. Today she announced to me "Hey mom guess what I went poops and peeps at the same time. I have a magic little bum huh" I was rolling, I was laughing so hard. Yep Ains that is one magical little bum you got there.


1 comments:

The Wilsons said...

I was wondering myself what happened to the lazy days of summer. Do they even exists anymore? :) Sounds like you having a fun and busy summer!

Post a Comment