Thursday, August 19, 2010

Time to update

Yes my last post was so happy and uplifting that it took me several months to top it. ;-) Life is busy but good. Yes thats what I always say "busy but good". Patrick said last night that things will calm down soon. I said no they won't, and they won't. We just move on from one thing to the next. Patrick has been very busy at work this summer so we haven't seen him much. When he is home more then the kids will be gone more and it just keeps going.

Life as we know it is always changing. But extra these days. Next week Kasadee starts High school and Ainslee starts Kindergarten. My oldest and my youngest going through major milestones at the same time makes me feel old. Old but happy. They are both great kids. Kasadee faces life with such determination and confidence. She can do anything. Ainslee just wants to be like her sisters. She is ready to move on from hanging out with mom and learn new things.

Life is good. I am thankful for my marriage. For all that I have because of my relationship with Patrick. I am greatful to be a mom. I am in awe of the wonderful kids I have, there joy, smiles, giggles, and humor fills my life everyday. I am thankful for wonderful extended family who love my kids and spend time with them.

Many parents count down the days until there kids start school with excitement. Somedays I do as well. But today in the quiet rainy moment I know I am going to miss them. Life will have routine again, and thats good, but I will miss the sound of little girls playing house in the basement all day long. I will miss the ding of Kasadee's phone as her friends text her one word messages like "so". I hope they have a great year. I hope they have great teachers. I hope they keep great friends and make new ones. Yes Life is Good, But Busy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment